Directions: In each of the following questions, an incomplete statement followed by some fillers is given. Pick out the best one which can complete the incomplete statement correctly and meaningfully.
The Chairman rejected the proposal of increasing employee's salary because .......
- A.the number of employees in the company was very small.
- B.the employees had been demanding it for a long time.
- C.the company had already gained three thousand crore profit.
- D.the company did not have sufficient funds to afford the rise.
- E.it was not difficult for the company to bear additional burden.
Answer : [D]
Every person must learn ...........
- A.to make wise use of his time.
- B.to using his time in a wisely manner.
- C.that his time needs a wise uses
- D.wise ways in his times's use
- E.that how wisely his time can be used.
Answer : [A]
When I saw him through the window ...............
- A.I should run out to open the door
- B.I am running out to open the door
- C.I ran out to open the door
- D.I have run out to open the door.
Answer : [C]
Anything in this shop can be bought, .......
- A.can't we ?
- B.can't it?
- C.can't all?
- D.can't anything ?
Answer : [B]
The more we looked at the piece of modern art, ...........
- A.it looked better
- B.the more we like it
- C.we liked it less
- D.the less we liked it
- E.better we liked it
Answer : [D]